I took Katelyn to the doctor today for a checkup and her last Synagis shot (a vaccination RSV). She was 8 lbs. 5 oz. today (that a gain of 2 pounds in exactly 3 weeks!). She is growing so fast! She will be 3 months old next Friday. No one will be able to tell she was a preemie before long...I can't believe she has gained almost 5 pounds since she was born! Dr. Tibbs said her heart murmur (PDA) has not changed so she went ahead and referred us to a pediatric cardiologist so we will go to Forrest General on May 16th to see what the Cardiologist thinks about the murmur. I hope it will be gone by then...the Dr. said it could close up all of sudden and just disappear so that's what I am hoping will happen.
I asked the Dr. about Katelyn's belly button because it protrudes quite a bit and she said it is a hernia and that if it didn't get any better by 1-year-old that she may need a minor surgical procedure to fix it. Again, I hope it fixes itself so that we don't have to worry about any medical procedures.
On a lighter note, Katelyn will participate in her first beauty pageant on April 11th and R.J. starts piano lessons next week so that should be fun.
1 comment:
Hey...we would love for you to join the book club. We just finished Anne of Green Gables and are now reading Anne of Avonlea. When we finish this story we are going to have a tea party at Simply Teavine in Hattiesburg. It's going to be tons of fun!
Post a Comment